Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

The Quickness of True Love Luke 7 37-50




Read the passage: Luke 7



v.38 1. Filled with tenderness (weeping) for Jesus.
(And stood at His feet behind Him weeping, and began to wash His feet
  with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed His 
feet, and anointed them with the ointment.)

v.38 2. Demonstrates its affection for Jesus.


v.38 3. Has no embarrassment for its expression.


v.38 4. Shows humility and so identifies with Christ.


v.38 5. Gives all of his/her heart to/for Jesus.


v.44 6. Has no little commitment.
(And He turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this 
woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but
  she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.)

v.45,7. Is genuine.
   47 (Thou gavest me no kiss but this woman since the time I came in hath not eased to 
                kiss my feet.)  (…for she loved much: …)

v.46 8. Bypasses man’s formalities.
(My head with oil thou did not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet 
with ointment.)

v.47 9. Relies on the generosity of Christ’s forgiveness.
(Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she
loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.)

v.48 10. Rejoices in the fruit of salvation.
(And He said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.)



No comments:

Post a Comment