click to Read the passage: John 11 (a new browser window will open)
(Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was
dead, saith unto Him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead
four days. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest
believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
1. It is not because Jesus is not present.
2. It is not because Jesus is silent.
Jesus had been declaring Himself. v. 23, 25, 26,
Jesus had spoken.
It didn’t have to be figured out, only heard.
3. It is not because Jesus is not willing to show Himself strong.
4. It is not because of a lack of need.
Other men died. Lazarus could have been placed in that category.
But Jesus was to raise Lazarus. There was a Holy Spirit inspired need.
There was a need to trust Jesus as well.
5. It is not because of the size of the challenge, its difficulty or greatness.
6. It is not because conditions are irretrievably advanced, too far gone.
7. There is but one reason, absence of belief.
Jesus didn’t ask anything of Martha, but to believe.