click to Read the passage: Acts 12 (a new browser window will open)
(And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was
sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers
before the door kept the prison.)
1. Certainly not in an evil king’s keeping.
2. Certainly not in false religion’s keeping.
(v. 3 it pleased the Jews)
3. Certainly not in human force’s keeping.
(v.3 he proceeded further to take Peter also.)
4. Certainly not in the keeping of men.
(v.4 …and delivered him to four quarternions of soldiers…)
(v.6 …sleeping between two soldiers, …)
5. Certainly not in the keeping of physical bounds.
(v.5 Peter therefore was kept in prison: …)
6. Certainly not in the keeping of physical bonds.
(v.6 …bound him with chains; …)
Phil. 1: 12-14
v.7- 7. Certainly in the security and power of God’s hand.
(…And his chains fell off from his hands.)