click to Read the passage: Ephesians 5 (a new browser window will open)
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
1. Scripture affirms God’s leadership in marriage- that is in bringing and binding
two together to become one, a man and a woman brought together in Christ.
2. Scripture affirms God’s design has present advantage.
There are wonderful reasons to be married. It is richly rewarding.
3. Scripture affirms God’s commitment.
Matthew 19: 6 …what God hath joined together let not man put asunder.
4. Scripture affirms God’s gift of spiritual harmony and success.
5. Scripture affirms the cohesiveness of marriage- its love, surrender and respect.
6. Scripture stands ready in support, defense, and grace extended.
7. Scripture presents the simple issues of trusting, abiding, and confidence
inspired by the Holy Spirit.