click to Read the passage: Proverbs 16 (a new browser window will open)
(A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.)
1. A believer is tempted to apply his reason apart from God's leading.
Time tempts us to try to gain human understanding rather than to wait in faith.
Human reasoning positions us in the driver’s seat, expecting God to justify His
decisions for us.
2. A believer's reasoning can be sound from man's point of view, but very
wrong from God's understanding.
3. A believer may think he can convince God to switch His thinking.
God doesn’t need our agreement to validate His rightness, but He does ask for
our obedience to comply with His rightness.
4. A believer may falsely think God will still honor the believer's plan.
5. A believer must not follow self directed plans.
6. Because of a believer's limited understanding, he must allow the Lord to
direct his way.
7. God will be right, for He knows the way, Jesus is the way.