Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The Immateriality of Greatness Luke 22 24-30




Read the passage: Luke 22




v.24 1. The cross made man’s greatness insignificant.
(and there was also a strife among them, which of them should be 
accounted the greatest.)

v.25 2. Greatness amongst men is an issue of earthly matter.
(The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them;)

v.26 3. The issue of the cross is dying to self acclaim.
(But ye shall not be so;)

v.26,4. The example of spiritual greatness is of Christ becoming a servant to all.
  27 (…But I am among you as he that serveth)

v.26,5. Greatness is not the issue, humble service to Christ is.
  27, (…But I am among you as he that serveth)
  28 (Ye are they who have continued with me in my trials)
be faithful and loyal to Christ.
Who am I serving?

v.29 6. The reward for service is where greatness shall come.
(and I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me,)
We shall have a heavenly reward.

v.30 7. The measure of greatness to come will be heaven’s fellowship with Jesus.
(That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones
judging the twelve tribes of Israel.)




No comments:

Post a Comment