Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Saturday, February 18, 2017

The Security of Our Salvation John 6: 37-40


click to Read the passage: John 6  (a new browser window will open)


v.37 1. Based upon the Father's choice.
(All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me)

v.37 2. Based upon the Son's acceptance.
(...and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.)

v.38, 3. Based upon God the Father's will. 
  39 (For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of Him that
sent  me. )  ( And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which 
                He hath given me)

v.38 4. Based upon the Son's fulfillment.
(For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will but the will of Him that 
sent me.)

v.39 5. Based upon the Son's keeping.
(...that of all which He hath given me I should lose nothing, ...)

v.39 6. Based upon the Son's power of resurrection.
(lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.)

v.40 7. Based upon Christ's eternal promise.
(...and believeth on Him, may have everlasting life: ..)








No comments:

Post a Comment