Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

What to Ask for When in Despair Psalms 69: 14-21, 29, 30


click to Read the passage: Psalms 69  (a new browser window will open)



v.14, 1. Deliverance from overcoming obstacles.
   15 (Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be delivered from them
                that hate me, and out of the deep waters.)
(Let not the waterflood over flow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and
                let not the pit shut her mouth upon me.)

v.16 2. For God’s ear.
(Hear me, O Lord; for thy loving kindness is good: turn unto me according to
                the multitude of thy tender mercies.

v.16, 3. For God’s favor.
   17 (turn unto me)  (And hide not thy face from thy servant; for I am in trouble:
                 hear me speedily.)

v.17 4. For God’s assurance.
(hear me speedily.)

v.18 5. For God’s claim.
(Draw nigh unto my soul, and redeem it: deliver me because of mine enemies.)

v.19 6. For God’s defense.
(Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonor: mine
                adversaries are all before thee.

v.20 7. For God’s comfort.
(Reproach hath broken my heart: and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for
                some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none.)

v.21 8. For God’s sustenance.
(They gave me also gall for my meat, and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to 
                drink.)

v.29 9. For God’s uplifting.
(But I am poor and sorrowful: let thy salvation, O God, set me up on high.)

v.30 10. For God’s mighty  work.
(I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify Him with 
                thanksgiving.)




No comments:

Post a Comment