Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Ordering of My Steps Psalms 119: 133


click to Read the passage: Psalms 119  (a new browser window will open)

(Order my steps in thy word:  and let not any iniquity have dominion over
me.)
involves:

1. A desire to please God.
(v.80- Let my heart be sound in thy statutes)

2. A desire to know truth.
(v. 97-O how love I thy law! It is my meditation all the day.)

3. An acceptance of God's word as the source of truth.
(v. 105- Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.)

4. A genuine seeking of God and His word.
(v. 114-  Thou art my hiding place and my shield:  I hope in thy word.)

5. A cleansing of heart.
(v.124-  Deal with thy servant according unto thy mercy,  ...)

6. A petition for understanding and openness to God's truth.
(v.125- I am thy servant; give me understanding, that I may know thy 
testimonies.)

7. A willingness for God's expression- whatever God desires to say.
(v,128-Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right;
and I hate every false way.)
8. A seeking to know God first.
(v. 127- Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine 
gold.)

9. A relating of need to God's word.
(v. 126-It is time for thee, Lord, to work:  for they have made void thy law.)

10. An asking of God to reveal Himself in His word.
(v.125, 133-  ...give me understanding, that I may know thy testimonies.)

11. A seeking of clear understanding.
(v.130- The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto
the simple.)

12. An attributing of rightness to God.
(v. 137-Righteous art thou, O Lord, and upright are thy judgments.)

13. A doing as God directs.
(v. 138-140-Thy testimonies that thou hast commanded are righteous and
very faithful. ...)

14. A continuing by the word.
(v.144- The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting:  give me 
understanding and I shall live.)

No comments:

Post a Comment