Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Saturday, July 10, 2021

True Spiritual Liberty Phillipians 4: 4, 6-8, 11, 13, 19

Read the passage Philippians 4


v.4 1. God has first placed joy unspeakable in my heart.
(Rejoice in the Lord alway: …)
Like holding down an inner tube; it comes back up again.
v.6,7 2. God has taken care of any struggle that I might encounter.
(Be anxious for nothing,…)

v.8 3. God has given my heart a treasure to feast upon.
(Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, )…
When I am down, I go to God’s word.

v.11,4. God has given me the liberty of resting in Him)  
    12 Not that I speak in respect of want: …)
My focus is not on things of the world, but on Jesus.
I can be content.
I can attribute sufficiency to God.
I can accept God’s lessons through my present circumstances.
God is my all sufficient source.

v.13 5. God has given me the authority to do as He instructs.
(I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.)
All He asks; Amazing things; By His power; Things that will require more strength
           than I presently have.

v.13 6. What God asks me to do I cannot do without Him.  
I cannot do without Christ’s- leadership; truth; presence; power; purpose; life; 
strength.,

v.19 7. God has given me the opportunity to testify of His sufficiency.  
Of our source; of His faithfulness; of His goodness; of true riches; of His grace, of 
His glory.
God defines need; He allows need to draw us to Him.
He is our continuing need.
There is no other satisfying source of supply!
God displays His riches through my life.






No comments:

Post a Comment