Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Saturday, July 31, 2021

Christ's Message-The Great Message of Salvation Luke 7: 28-50

Read the passage Luke 7

v.28 1. An excelling work of Christ.
(…for he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.)

v.44 2. Reveals the truly repentant.
(And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this
  woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but 
                she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.)

v.45 3. Recognizes the genuineness of love.
(Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not 
ceased to kiss my feet.)

v.46 4. Recognizes the desire to please and serve.
(My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my
  feet with ointment.)

v.47-5. Forgives the multitude of sin.
    49 (Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she 
loved much; but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.)

v.40-6. Sees the size of repentance’s expression.
   42 (And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me 
therefore which of them will love him most?)

v.50 7. Gives Christ’s everlasting peace.
(And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath save thee; go in peace.)









No comments:

Post a Comment