click to Read the passage: Joshua 1 (a new browser window will open)
(This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt
meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to
all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and
then thou shalt have good success.)
It is tied to the word of God:
1. Knowledge of truth is the securing factor, not the knowledge of men.
2. Knowledge of truth must always precede and pave the way for applications
3. God is always first to be pleased.
4. Obedience to God’s law does please God.
5. God’s word has application to every life circumstance.
God has a word that fits every need His people have.
God’s word is timeless, that is it is fitting to all generations.
6. A prospered way is tied to the precedents of obedience to God’s word.
(for then …)
7. Success is not measured by men, but by God Himself; it is assured through
obedience to the word of God.
(and then thou shalt have good success.)