Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

The Working Presence of Truth Psalms 119: 41-44


click to Read the passage: Psalm 119  (a new browser window will open)



v.41 1. God's being merciful to me in time of challenge.
(Let thy mercies come also unto me, O Lord, even)

v.41 2. The fruit of salvation working in my life.
(even thy salvation, according to thy word.)

v.42 3. The spirit of meekness in responding to false accusation.
(So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in 
thy word.)

v.42 4. Trust that God's word will be there as I need it.
(for I trust in thy word.)

v.43 5. Having the word ready to speak in response.
(And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for)

v.43 6. Previous preparation in study and storing up of God's truth.
(for I have hoped in thy judgments.)

v.44 7. Continued discipline in faith of scripture.
(So shall I keep thy law continually for ever and ever.)





No comments:

Post a Comment