Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Saturday, October 3, 2015

What to Ask For John 15: 7-16


click to Read the passage: John 15  (a new browser window will open)



v.7 1.Strength to abide.
(If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall 
       be done unto you.)

v.7, 2.Love for God's word.
  10 (and my words abide in you,) (if ye keep my commandments, )

v.10 3.Responsible love.
(If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love;)

v.11 4.Fullness of joy.
(These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your
         joy might be full.)

v.13 5.Strength in commitment.
(Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.)

v.15 6.To not bring disappointment to the Master.
(Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth:
        but I have called your friends: for all that I have heard of my Father I have made 
        known unto you.)

v.16 7.Rightness in service.
(Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you that ye should go
        and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of 
        the Father in my name, He may give it you.)




No comments:

Post a Comment