Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Worth Waiting On Joshua 14: 10-14


click to Read the passage: Joshua 14  (a new browser window will open)


V.10 1. The age of the believer or the time of trusting neither imperil the promise
of God.
(and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old.)

v.10 2. The believer who is armed with God’s truth is sufficiently armed.

v.11 3. Disappointments are properly sealed in the abundant mercies of God.
(As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my
strength was then, even so is my strength now,)

v.11 4. That which is given of God is sustained by God.
(as my strength was then, even so is my strength now,)

v.11 5. With God there is no doing without; God provides what is needed, fully.
(I am this day fourscore and five years old.)
(is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in.)
Caleb could still go to war if needed.  While he waited on the promises of
God, God sustained him in every way.

v.12 6. The promise of God never loses its content or worth with the passage of
time; its basis is still the same, believing God.
(Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the Lord spake in that day; how
the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the
Lord will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the Lord said.)

v.13, 7. The wait ends in God’s time; His promises are true and possessable and
   14 genuinely rewarding.
(And Joshua blessed him, and gave unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh Hebron for
an inheritance.)
(Hebron therefore became the inheritance of Caleb, the son of Jephunneh the
Kenezite unto this day, because that he wholly followed  the Lord God of Israel.)





No comments:

Post a Comment