Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Year Desire Psalms 51: 2-17



click to Read the passage: Psalms 51  (a new browser window will open)




                1.            To live without yielding to sin.
                               (Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.)

v.6           2.           To hide the Truth  deep within the heart, that I might have wisdom.
                                (Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou
                                shalt make me to know widsom.)
                                Conformity to truth within, fashioned by truth on the inside first.

v.7           3.            To show forth a vessel revealing the continuity of Christ’s rule.
                                (Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be
                                whiter than snow.)
                                Characteristic of a life where Christ is in rule is cleanness.

v.8,           4.           To have a life filled with joy and gladness.
12                             (Make me to hear joy and gladness;) (Restore unto me the joy of my
                                 salvation;)

v.10          5.           To live with a right spirit influencing my every condition- staying in tune
                                  with God.
                                  (Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.)
                                  It comes from God’s work in my heart.

v.13,          6.           To pursue a fulfilling ministry, one authored and empowered by the living
  14                             Christ.
                                   (Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted
                                   to thee.  Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, )

v.17           7.           To stay current in sacrifice; having a heart empty of self.
                                  (The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: …)
                                  To not be lacking in sacrifice- continually presenting my heart to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment