Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Commitment Genesis 28: 20-22



click to Read the passage: Genesis 28(a new browser window will open)



v.20            1.When God clearly declares Himself to your heart, it is time for a response.
                    (And Jacob vowed a vow, …)

v.20            2.A commitment to God is never a lighthearted thing.
                   (And Jacob vowed a vow,…)

v.20            3.God is looking for a "won't turn back" type of commitment.
                    (And Jacob vowed a vow, …)

v.21            4.A commitment based upon God's faithfulness will be a commitment kept.
                   (If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me
                   bread to eat, and raiment to put on, …)
                   For God will surely be faithful.

v.21            5.A commitment to God acknowledges no other source.
                     (…then shall the Lord be my God:)

v.22            6.A commitment to God needs a reminder point, a decision reminder.
                    (And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house:)

v.22            7.A commitment to God will bear continuous expression to God's faithfulness in 
                     praise and honor to Him.
                   (and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.)


No comments:

Post a Comment