Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Saturday, February 20, 2021

God the Son's Honor John 5: 21-30

Read the passage John 5


v.21 1. The Son has the same power as the Father.
(For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the
Son quickeneth whom He will.)

v.21 2. The Son has the same free will as the Father.

v.22 3. The Son is appointed the judge of men by His Father.
(For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:)

v.23 4. The Son is worthy of honor of men.
(That all men should honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He that 
honoreth not the Son honoreth not the Father which hath sent Him.)

v.23 5. To dishonor the Son is to dishonor the Father, a direct admonition to Israel.
v.24 6. The Son honors the Father.
(Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on
  Him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into
  condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.)

v.30,7. His honor is the honor of the judge of eternity.
   41 (I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is
  just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath
  sent me.)
(I receive not honor from men.)






No comments:

Post a Comment