Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Sleep That is Sweet Psalms 63: 3-6

Read the passage Psalms 63

v.3 1. God's loving kindness is devotedly unmistakable.

v.3 2. God's loving kindness inspires the purest praise.

v.4 3. The cry of the heart to praise God is not to be discouraged nor put off.
(Thus will I bless thee while I live:)

v.4 4. The heart that focuses upon God's goodness will express itself in 
   thanksgiving to God.
(...I will lift up my hands in thy name.) (and my mouth shall praise thee...)

v.5 5. The heart will be satisfied with the generosity of the Lord in full measure. 
(My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness:)

v.6 6. God's goodness makes the night meditation a pleasant experience.
(When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night 
watches.)

v.6 7. Sleep is restful and joyful when God has been remembered and 
anticipated.
(...and meditate on thee in the night watches.)








No comments:

Post a Comment