Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

What We Owe to Our God Psalms 66: 8-20


click to Read the passage: Psalms 66  (a new browser window will open)

v.8 1. Our genuine blessing and thanksgiving.
(O bless our God, ye people, and make )

v.8 2. Our testimony of His divine goodness.
(and make the voice of His praise to be heard:)

v.9 3. Our absolute security in Him.
(Which holdeth our soul in life, and)

v.9 4. Our rock like stability in Him.
(and suffereth not our feet to be moved.)

v.10- 5. Our refined message through His faithful witness in trial.
  12 (For thou, O God, hast tested us, …)

v.13- 6. Our personal experience of His faithfulness.
  15 (I will go into thy house with burnt offerings; … and my mouth hath spoken, 
when I was in trouble.)

v.16 7. Our witness of encouragement to other believers.
(Come and hear, all ye that fear God, …)

v.17 8. Our exceedingly grateful witness to God.
(I cried unto Him with my mouth, and He was extolled with my tongue.)

v.18 9. A pure heart.
(If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:)

v.19, 10. A grateful blessing for God’s faithfulness.
  20 (Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor His mercy
from me.)


No comments:

Post a Comment