Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Yielding the Innermost Secrets of the Heart Judges 16: 17


click to Read the passage: Judges 16  (a new browser window will open)


(That he told her all his heart, and said unto her, There hath not come a 
razor upon mine head: for I have been a Nazarite unto God from my
mother’s womb: if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall 
become weak, and be like any other man.)

1. There is a communion with God never to be yielded.

2. There is a gifting of God to be respected.

3. There is a God to whom the servant owes all devotion.

4. There is always a cost to compromise.

5. There is a true knowledge to the servant of the source of his strength.

6. To reveal secrets to the enemy is never justified.

7. The seeds of sin sewn in the heart will reap destruction.




No comments:

Post a Comment