Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Testing Foretold Mark 14: 27-31


click to Read the passage: Mark 14  (a new browser window will open)

v.27 1. Every believer will have his faith tested, sometimes severally shaken.
(And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this
night: for it is written, I)

v.27 2. A believer’s relationship to the shepherd shall be the subject of the test.
(I will smite the shepherd, and the)

v.27 3. The undesirable consequence of the testing is to be separated from the
shepherd.
(and the sheep shall be scattered.)
(v.28-But after that I am risen, I will go before you into Galilee.)

v.29 4. It is difficult to measure the extent of the test and thus the extent of one’s 
commitment in advance.
(But Peter said unto Him, Although all shall be offended, yet will not I.)

v.30 5. Christ knows of the extended weakness of the human heart.
(And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in
this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice.)

v.31 6. The power to endure and pass the test can only come through Christ, not
through human determination or human strength.
(But he spake the more vehemently, If I should die with thee, I will not deny
thee in any wise. Likewise also said they all.)

v.31 7. The strength of numbers committed, by itself, is not sufficient guarantee
that any one or all shall pass the testing of their faith.
(Likewise also said they all.)








No comments:

Post a Comment