Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Depending on God Alone Joshua 14: 7-12


click to Read the passage: Joshua 14  (a new browser window will open)



v.7, 1. Listening to what God reveals to your heart.
    8 (Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of the Lord sent me from
Kadesh barnea to spy out the land: and I )

v.8 2. Making a choice of surrender to God no matter what.
(Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the 
people melt: but I wholly followed the Lord my God.)
v.9 3. Trusting in God to honor His promise.
(And Moses swore on that day, saying, Surely the land whereon thy feet
have trodden shall be thine inheritance, and thy children’s for ever, 
because thou hast wholly followed the Lord my God)

v.10, 4. Looking only to God for sufficiency of life and strength.
     11 (And now, behold, the Lord hath kept me alive, as He said, these forty and
five years, even since the Lord spoke this word unto Moses, while the
children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and no, lo, I am this day
fourscore and five years old.)

v.12 5. Never losing hope of faith’s reward.
(Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the Lord spoke in that day;
for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities
were great and fenced: if so be the Lord will be with me, then I shall be able 
to drive them out, as the Lord said.)

v.12 6. Counting God’s promise of undiminishing integrity and life.
(of which the Lord spoke in that day; …)

v.12 7. Walking with God present in his life.
(if so be the Lord will be with me)




No comments:

Post a Comment