Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

What God's People Should Have Done Psalms 89: 1-52


click to Read the passage: Psalms 89  (a new browser window will open)



v.1 1. Kept on singing of God’s mercies, attesting to His faithfulness.
(I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known
thy faithfulness to all generations.)

v.7 2. Fear God; recite or recount His record with men. (it is visible in scripture.)
(God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in 
reverence of all them that are about Him.)

v.11 3. Acknowledge God’s true authority in and over all of life.
(The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine: as for the world and the fullness
thereof, thou hast founded them.) …

v.14 4. Seek to live in a truly just manner, honoring God’s nature and word.
(Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go
before thy  face.)

v.15 5. Hear the sound of His presence.
     (Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the
light of thy countenance.)…
the sound of His voice of counsel, of instruction; the spirit of His adoption, of
                His approving,
the power of His might, His rule through/over creation.

v.16 6. Rejoice in the Lord; be pleased with/in righteousness.
(In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be
exalted.)
Be pleased with God’s name and your new name in Christ.

v.18- 7. Live with God as your defender.
     25 (For the Lord is our defense: and the holy One of Israel is our king.)

v.21 8. Allow God to build up your life, to be responsible for your name and work. 
(With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.)

v.26 9. Cry directly to God when in need.
(He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my 
salvation.)…

v.28 10. Cling to God’s covenant.
(My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast
                with him.)

v.30 11. Teach your children to follow God, as you have learned to follow God.
(If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;) …

v.31 12. Focus on obedience.
(If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;)

v.38- 13. Love God with all your heart; Avoid the pitfalls of one’s own destruction.
     51 (But thou hast cast off and abhorred, thou hast been wroth with thine anointed.) 
(Thou hast made void the covenant of thy servant: thou hast profaned his 
                crown casting it to the ground.) 
(Thou hast broken down all his hedges; thou hast brought his strong holds to
ruin.)
(All that pass by the way spoil him: he is a reproach to his neighbors.)

v.52 14. Bless the Lord in heart.
(Blessed be the Lord for evermore. Amen, and Amen.)








No comments:

Post a Comment