Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

He That is of God John 8: 43, 45-47


click to Read the passage: John 8  (a new browser window will open)


v.31 1. Hearing follows believing.
v.30- (many believed on Him)   v.31- (then said Jesus …)

v.43 2. Understanding follows hearing.
(Why do ye not understand my speech? Even because ye cannot 
hear my word.)

v.43, 3. Truth follows understanding.
  45 (understand …)   (v.45- (And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.)

v.45 4. Believing a lie follows rejecting the truth.
(and because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.)

v.46 5. Conviction follows truth.
(Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not
                believe me?)

v.46, 6. Commitment follows conviction.
   47 (v.47- ( He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, 
because ye are not of God.)

v.47 7. Validation follows commitment, leads to more hearing.
(He that is of God heareth God’s words.)





No comments:

Post a Comment