Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Where God's Word Will Not Go Numbers 23: 4-12


click to Read the passage: Numbers 23  (a new browser window will open)


v. 4 1. To satisfy the enemy and his claims and intentions.
(And God met Balaam: and he said unto Him, I have prepared seven altars, 
                and I have offered upon every altar a bullock and a ram.)

v.5 2. To contribute to the enemy’s gain.
(And the Lord put a word in Balaam’s mouth, and said, Return to Balak, and
                thus thou shalt speak.)

v.7 3. To deceive or to turn God against His people.
(And he took up his parable, and said, Balak the king of Moab hath brought 
                me from Aram, out of the mountains of the east, saying, Come, curse me 
                Jacob, and come, defy Israel.)

v.8 4. To oppose the covenant of God.
(How shall I curse, whom God hath not cursed? or how shall I defy whom 
                the Lord hath not  defied?)

v.9 5. Where God is concealed or hidden.
(For from the top of the rocks I see Him, and from the hills I behold Him; )

v.10, 6. Where there is an impairment on God’s blessing of those He chooses to bless.
    11 (Who can count the dust of Jacob, and the number of the fourth part of 
                Israel?)
(And Balak said unto Balaam, What hast thou done unto me? I took thee to 
                curse mine enemies, and, behold, thou hast blessed them altogether.)

v.12 7. Where God will not fulfill His promises.
(And he answered and said, Must I not take heed to speak that which the 
                Lord hath put in my mouth?)  24: 5-9

No comments:

Post a Comment