Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Enemy's Deception Numbers 23: 5-13


click to Read the passage: Numbers 23  (a new browser window will open)

v.4 1. Presupposes he may converse with and influence God.
(And God met Balaam: and he said unto Him, I have prepared seven altars, and I have offered upon every altar a bullock and a ram.)

v.5 2. Remains unaware of the overruling power of God over his conduct.
(And the Lord put a word in Balaam’s mouth, and said, Return to Balak, and 
                thus thou shalt speak.)

v.6 3. Expectations of ruling over God persist.
(And he returned unto him, and, lo, he stood by his burnt sacrifice, he, and 
                all the princes of Moab.)

v.7 4. The enemy’s friends promote conduct which supports their evil intention.
(And he took up his parable, and said, Balak the king of Moab hath brought 
                me from Aram, out of the mountains of the east, saying, Come, curse me 
               Jacob, and come, defy Israel.)

v.7 5. The enemy  attempts to deny and defy God; He comes against the people
                of God.
(Come, curse me Jacob, and come, defy Israel.)

v.8 6. The enemy is forced to honor truth.
(How shall I curse, whom God hath not cursed? …)

v.13 7. The enemy doesn’t easily yield his place of deception.
(And Balak said unto him, Come, I pray thee, with me unto another place, 
                from whence thou mayest seeth them: thou shalt see but the utmost part 
                of them, and shalt not see them all: and curse me them from thence.)
But, he will yield to the power of God.











No comments:

Post a Comment