Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Man's Obvious Failing Job 40: 1-8

Read the passage Job 40


v.2 1. When he contends with God.
(Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty …)

v.2 2. When he attempts to instruct God.
(instruct Him?)

v.2 3. When he reproves God.
(He that reproveth God, …)

v.4 4. When he thinks he has it all figured out.
( …what shall I answer thee?)

v.4,5 5. When he prematurely speaks his mind.
(I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.)
(Once have I spoken; but I will not answer: yea, twice; but I will not proceed no 
further.)
(v.6- Then answered the Lord unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said,)
(v.7- Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee, and declare thou 
unto me.)

v.8 6. When he attempts to alter God’s application.
(Wilt thou also annul my judgment?)

v.8 7. When he attempts to justify his own shortcomings and omissions.
(Wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be justified?)










No comments:

Post a Comment