Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

What Brings Man to Repentance Luke 18: 17, 18

Read the passage Luke 18



v.17 1. Man’s problems become so great they have his attention.
(and when he came to himself,)

v.17 2. Man begins seeing delight in the Father’s ways.
( he said, How many of my father’s hired servants have bread enough and
  to spare,)

v.17 3. Man sees clearly his existence of needs.
(and I perish with hunger!)

v.18 4. Man believing he will still be accepted by his father.
(I will arise and go to my father,)

v.18 5. Man realizing he is accountable for his sin.
(…will say unto him, Father,)

v.19 6. Man realizing his actions are sin.
(Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee.)

v.19 7. Man realizing his life and deeds are without value.
(and am no more worthy to be called thy son;)










No comments:

Post a Comment