Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Having an Incurable Problem 1 Samuel 28 15-19




Read the passage: 1 Samuel 28



v.15 1. Refusing to obey God will always gain the accompaniment of great distress.
(And Samuel said to Saul  Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up?
                And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war 
against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, 
neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou
  mayest make known unto me what I shall do.)

v.15 2. Refusing to fellowship with God may lead to God’s denial of opportunity for
fellowship.
(…God is departed from me …)

v.16 3. Refusing to accept God’s solutions but constantly seeking for one you like
better can only gain God’s rejection.
(Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the Lord is 
departed from thee, and is become thine enemy?)

v.16 4. Refusing to cooperate with God may cause one to be construed as God’s
enemy.
(…and is become thine enemy?)
either for or against                       Unbelievers are God’s enemy.

v.17 5. Refusing to accept God’s wisdom and will can only bring destruction.
(And the Lord hath done to him, as he spake by me: for the Lord hath rent
  the kingdom out of thine hand, and given it to thy neighbor, even to David.)

v.17,6. Refusing to give up what God has taken or is taking away will lead to an
    19 even greater loss.
(Moreover the Lord will also deliver Israel with thee into the hand of the
Philistines: and tomorrow shalt thou and thy sons be with me: the Lord also
  shall deliver the host of Israel into the hand of the Philistines.)


v.19 7. Refusing to allow problems to be cured according to God’s master design
                results in God, as the master designer, curing them Himself.






No comments:

Post a Comment