Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Saturday, September 15, 2018

The Kind of Man God Uses Joshua 14 8-14





Read the passage: Joshua 14



v.8           1.      One who gives all his heart to the Lord.
         (Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the 
         people melt: but I wholly followed the Lord my God.)
v.8         2.  One who does not follow the crowd of those indifferent to truth.
         (Nevertheless my brethren, who went up with me made the heart of the
           people melt;)

v.9        3.  One who just believes what God says.
         (And Moses swore on that day, saying, Surely the land whereon thy feet
         have trodden shall be thine inheritance, and thy children’s for ever,
           because thou hast wholly followed the Lord my God)

v.10, 4.  One who draws his strength from the Lord.
     11  (And now, behold, the Lord hath kept me alive, as He said, these forty and
   five years, even since the Lord spoke this word unto Moses, while the 
 children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and no, lo, I am this day 
 fourscore and five years old.)

v.12        5. One who never turns loose of God’s promises.
        (Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the Lord spoke in that day; )

v.12        6. One who counts God bigger than the enemy.
                        (for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the 
cities were great and fenced: if so be the Lord will be with me, then I shall 
be able to drive them out, as the Lord said.)

v.13, 7. One who counts God faithful above all else.
   14         (And Joshua blessed him, and gave unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh
          Hebron for an inheritance.)
        (Hebron therefore became the inheritance of Caleb the son of Jephunneh
        the Kenezite unto this day, because that he wholly followed the Lord God 
        of Israel.)






No comments:

Post a Comment