Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Saturday, December 2, 2017

What Prayer Changes Nehemiah 1: 6-11; 2: 4, 8, 10, 20


click to Read the passage: Nehemiah 1 (a new browser window will open)

click to Read the passage: Nehemiah 2  (a new browser window will open)




v.6 1. It changes the consequences that resulted from sin.
(...and confess the sins of the children of Israel, which we have sinned against 
thee:...)

v.9 2. It changes the hearts of God’s people.
(But if ye turn unto me, and keep my commandments, …)

v.9 3. It changes the hopeless to hope.
(Yet will I gather them from there, and I will bring them unto the place that I
                have chosen to set my name.)

v.10, 4. It changes the course of God’s people.
   11 (Now these are thy servants and thy people, whom thou has redeemed…)
(and to the prayer of thy servants, who delight to fear thy name and prosper I
pray thee, thy servant this day, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man. …)

2:4, 5. It changes the heart of the king.
  8 (so I prayed to the God of heaven.)
(And the king granted me according to the good hand of my God upon me.)

2: 10 6. It changes the impact of opposition.
(Sanballet and Tobiah)

2: 20 7. It changes defeat and ruin to the splendor of victory.
(…The God of heaven will prosper us. therefore we His servants will arise and
build.)






No comments:

Post a Comment