click to Read the passage: Mark 8 (a new browser window will open)
1) Often God’s servants get mixed up on the issues when things don’t go as they thought they should. 14 Now the disciples had forgotten to take bread, neither had they in the ship with them more than one loaf.15 And he charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod.16 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have no bread.
2) Jesus is enough as provider, as source, as fulfiller, as generous, as good, as more than enough.
17 And when Jesus knew it, he saith unto them, Why reason ye, because ye have no bread? perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye your heart yet hardened?18 Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember?19 When I brake the five loaves among five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? They say unto him, Twelve.20 And when the seven among four thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? And they said, Seven.
3) Jesus must give clarity to one seeing.
24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.
Pictured is the real need all men have- to clearly see Jesus.
4) Jesus alone is the miracle worker. All takes place Jesus’ way. Jesus will show forth.
5) The blind man’s part was to receive, not to do. Often this is the case with God’s servants.
6) Jesus is to be made known among men, lost and saved.
27 And Jesus went out, and his disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way he asked his disciples, saying unto them, Whom do men say that I am?
7) The constant need man has is for Jesus, first in salvation and then in the course of life itself, for God to lead and guide life..