Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Saturday, October 8, 2016

How to Deal With Sin in the Heart Psalms 51: 2-8


click to Read the passage: Psalms 51  (a new browser window will open)



v.2 1. Sin, a man has to be cleansed of it.
(Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.)

v.3 2. Sin is to be acknowledged before God.
(For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.)

v.4 3. Sin is understood to be against God.
(Against thee, thee only; have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: …)

v.5 4. Sin is understood to be an inescapable problem man has to deal with.
(Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.)

v.6 5. The truth of scripture is the only escape and deliverance from sin’s hold.
(Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou
shalt make me to know wisdom.) Ask Jesus for forgiveness.

v.7 6. God makes the repentant whiter than snow; He alone, removes the
discolor of sin. (its wicked nature and effect)
(Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter
than snow.)

v.8 7. Joy and gladness accompany the cleansing of heart.
(Make me to hear joy and gladness; )








No comments:

Post a Comment