Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The Source of Relief John 14: 1-12


click to Read the passage: John 14  (a new browser window will open)

v.1 1. Believing in the vast record of truth already existing.
(Let not your heart be troubled, ye believe ion God)

v.1 2. Believing in the vast amount of truth to be revealed to the child of God by
the Holy Spirit.
(believe also in me.)

v.2 3. Believing there is a place in the Father’s house for the child of God.
(in my Father’s house are many mansions, if)

v.2 4. Believing in the adequacy of Christ’s personal teaching.
(if it were not so, I would have told you. )
v.3 5. Believing in the irrevocable commitment of Jesus.
(And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, )

v.3 6. Believing in the personal standing the believer has with Christ.
(and receive you unto myself: )  Our future is settled.

v.3,4 7. Believing in the eternal privilege of living with Jesus. Following the way
Jesus set. 
                (that where I am, there ye may be also.) (I am the way, …)
v.5,6 8. Believing in the totality of the leadership of Christ- as shepherd, as 
teacher, as guide, etc.
(Thomas saith unto, Lord, we know not whither thou goest: and how can 
we know the way?)

v.6 9. Living a life practicing the truths of Christ in every life encounter.
(I am the way, the truth, and the life)
If we seek to know Jesus, we will know the way.
v.9-12 10.  Overcoming all the many threats of unbelief.
(Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast 
thou not known me, Philip? )














No comments:

Post a Comment