Receive one sermon text a week by email, or a daily WiseWord by text or by twitter.

Weekly sermons and daily WiseWords are archived here.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Christ's Teachings-Illustration of Covetouness Luke 12: 16-21


click to Read the passage: Luke 12  (a new browser window will open)



v.16 1. Blessings may and do arise to any man.
(And He spoke a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man 
brought forth plentifully:)

v.17, 2. Man looks at blessings as self serving.
     21 (And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room
where to bestow my fruits?)

v.17 3. Man plans on accumulating blessings.
thinking they are his reward to keep.

v.18 4. A covetous heart wills to keep resources.
(And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and
                there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.)

v.19 5. A covetous heart needs no faith, it concludes.
(And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years;
take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.)

v.19 6. A covetous heart commemorates its accomplishment.

v.20 7. A covetous heart is unprepared for God’s accounting.
(But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee; then whose  shall those things be, which thou hast provided?)

v.20 8. A covetous heart is foolish indeed.

v.20 9. A covetous heart has no ownership right.

v.21 10. A covetous heart possesses no true riches.
(So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.)



No comments:

Post a Comment